Corona Virus (COVID-19)
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing Dr Randy Bautista's dental practice has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our office and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office, Pleasant Hill Dentistry, follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions (Re: exposure, symptoms and temperature) . You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· You may notice that our waiting room will no longer be in service but shall offer an area for you to use a room where we shall review screening questions, take your temperature (over 100.4 we request you to reschedule) and have the ability to wash your hands with soap and water.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. In addition, due to the circumstances, teledentistry will be available where you would be able to communicate or have consultations done over the computer. To make an appointment, please call our office at 925-685-8587 or visit our website at www.PleasantHillDentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Randy Bautista and Staff
Pleasant Hill Dentistry
Contra Costa Health Department Update :
Dental facilities are considered a Healthcare Operation and are therefore considered an Essential Business. As with all settings, dental facilities must adhere to the state’s basic guidelines for Personal Protective Equipment, face coverings, and facility and office site standards. For more information on California’s guidelines on resuming routine healthcare operations
California Department Public Health Dental Guidelines CDPH
With respect to dental services, the California Department of Public Health will update the current guidance regarding the prioritization and delivery of following non-urgent dental services:
- Previously cancelled or postponed patients
- Preventive services
- Dental Procedures
- Routine dental services